8.HELIUM DETECTION – WHERE IS IT USED?
After All of These explanations where exactly is helium detection normally used and in what industries? If you’d like to download this course with a bit more detail, please click here (Clicking downloads the file in PDF).
- vacuum systems
- Testing objects able of withstanding One Atmosphere Pressure differential
- Systems That Can Be pressurized (Eg gas delivery lines and pressure vessels).
- Systems with poor vacuum conductance or containing high Vapor Pressure material (eg water cooling lines)
Outside-In Testing / Inside-Out Testing
- Components Capable of withstanding 1 bar or 14.7 psi pressure differential
- Components Able to tooth with minimal pressure differential using Specialized Pumping Technology
- Small sealed devices (eg ICs)
- Sealed components Note Capable of withstanding One Atmosphere Pressure differential
- Components or systems too large for inside-out testing
Move on to our pressure decay tutorial
Now that you have completed all of our sections on helium testing why not go through our pressure decay guide here.